Under this Scheme, an existing ITI in a State is being upgraded as Model ITI which will be evolved as an institution showcasing the best practices, efficient and high quality training delivery and sustainable and effective industry relationship by:
- Becoming a demand centre for local industries for its expertise and best performance in training.
- Better engagement with local industries
- Signing flexi MoU with industry to conduct training program to meet specific skill requirement of the Industry. For such approved courses, examination / assessment and certification will be done by NCVT
- Training of unorganized sector workers.
- Training of existing industrial workforce
Institute Management Committee (IMC) society is to be formed for each ITI with chairperson from Industry. All major trades are to be covered by the representatives of industry in IMC. IMC is to be empowered for its efficient functioning.
The scheme was approved in Dec. 2014 for a total cost of Rs 300 crores. Implementation period for the Scheme was 3 years i.e., until FY 2016-17. Proposal for continuation of scheme till March 2020 has been approved during SFC meeting held on 9th August 2018.
So far, 29 ITIs has been identified in 27 states.
MEMORANDUM OF AGREEMENT download here
Implementation Manual download here
List of Government ITIs under the scheme download here
Industry Partners/IMC with Government ITIs download here
Status of Funds Released to Govt ITIs and unspent funds under the scheme download here
Mid Term Progress Review of Centrally Sponsored Scheme "Upgradation of Existing Governement Industrial Training Institutes into Model ITIs"download here
Sanction Orders Click here